Dear LifeMoves Community,
Every day, LifeMoves provides safe shelter and vital services to families and individuals experiencing homelessness. A public health emergency like the novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, poses a risk to our entire community, especially the most vulnerable. We are doubling our efforts to reduce the risk of exposure at our shelters and service sites, following guidance from public health officials and local government partners.
Protecting our clients and our 285 staff members who are in the field daily is crucial during this time of uncertainty. Here are some of the steps we are taking:
- We have postponed all shelter-based volunteer events and modified our volunteer meal programs.
- All LifeMoves locations have implemented increased sanitation protocols including:
- Increased supply of hand sanitizers, soap, and disinfectant at all sites and training on CDC best practices
- Frequent and enhanced cleaning cycles at all sites
- Pre-positioned masks at all sites
- Enhanced meal service safety protocols
- We canceled our annual Thought Leadership Luncheon, previously scheduled for March 20th, 2020.
This health emergency is fluid and rapidly evolving. Our staff is actively engaged with County officials on contingency planning for a variety of health scenarios specifically focused on the shelter environment and the unsheltered homeless community. We are also sharing updates and best practices with other providers and community partners.
We are proud of the extraordinary work of our team members. Their commitment to serving our clients, especially in these challenging times, is inspiring. We are also sincerely grateful for all that you do to support LifeMoves. Your investment in our work is more important now than ever. Be safe and stay healthy.
Chief Executive Officer