Important Information Regarding Meal Service and COVID-19
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with LifeMoves.
The safety of our clients, volunteers, staff is our top priority. We recognize that the Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, poses a risk to our entire community. We do not take this risk lightly and are making efforts to reduce the risk of exposure at our shelter and service sites. We are regularly evaluating this rapidly evolving situation and will continue to work with medical experts, public health officials, and local government to ensure we are protecting our staff, clients, and community.
In light of this public health threat, and the “Shelter in Place” mandate, we have made further changes to our meal service program. We welcome and encourage volunteers to continue to provide, but not serve, food. Instead, we are requesting that meal providers move forward with one of the options below.
- Sponsor a meal. Consider sponsoring a meal from a local restaurant. Click here for a list of restaurants that know our shelters well and will deliver meals directly to the shelter. This allows you to Shelter in Place, support local business, and keep our vulnerable clients fed.
- Drop-off a bagged/prepared meal. We welcome any willing and able volunteers to drop off bagged/prepared meals that staff can provide to clients. We ask that you please respect the additional hygiene and food safety measures while you prepare your meal donations.
If you would prefer to donate financially, please donate to our COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund. Over the next 90 days, we expect to incur additional costs for meals and food. The COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund will help us pay for these unexpected costs. Your donation will be doubled thanks to a matching fund from a group of generous anonymous donors, Wells Fargo, and Franklin Templeton. Please consider making a donation now by clicking here.
If any of the below conditions apply to you, we ask that you please cancel your meal shift or choose the catered delivery option. Please let us know immediately if:
- You are feeling unwell in any capacity
- You have been in recent contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19
- You have recently traveled outside of the US to countries experiencing an outbreak of COVID-19
LifeMoves relies heavily on the generosity and kindness of our volunteer community. We sincerely thank you for all that you do.
Help provide food to build a foundation for health and wellness.
Meal Service in San Mateo County
LifeMoves | First Step for Families
Serve 135 individuals per meal.
LifeMoves | Maple Street Shelter
Maple Street, Main Location – 120 clients
Meal Service in Santa Clara County
LifeMoves | Georgia Travis House
Serve 50 individuals per meal.
LifeMoves | Villa
Serve 55 individuals per meal.
LifeMoves | Julian Street Inn
Serve 80 individuals per meal.