Are you a Marketing leader looking for an opportunity to use your talents to make a real difference in Silicon Valley? LifeMoves is a growing, $60M non-profit and the largest provider of interim housing and services for homelessness in Silicon Valley. Our mission is simple, yet audacious: we want to solve homelessness in Silicon Valley.
We need smart, dedicated, innovative and fearless leaders to help us do this. We are looking for a Chief Marketing Officer to be our brand manager, marketing strategist and storyteller-in-chief as the senior executive responsible for brand, communications, and overall organization visibility. Every day, over 900 individuals, parents and children find shelter and hope at a LifeMoves facility. After their time with LifeMoves and our services, over 80% of those families never experience homelessness again. LifeMoves is an industry-leader and growth agency, constantly innovating to serve the largest number of clients possible, with the best possible outcomes, and set an example for other communities everywhere.
Reporting to our new CEO, Aubrey Merriman, you will lead brand, marketing and internal and external communications and will be a member of the senior leadership team. You will be integral in raising the profile of LifeMoves and our executives and reaching and engaging individuals, corporations, and foundations to help us meet our brand, growth and fundraising goals. We have amazing stories to tell and we need your help to tell them.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to build a meaningful brand? Can you develop a highly impactful marketing and communications strategy and plan? Most importantly, do you care passionately about helping Silicon Valley become a kinder, more philanthropic community? If so, we need you helping lead the future of our organization.
Ways You’ll be Helping
- Providing visionary, innovative strategies that create marketing and communication opportunities that advance the LifeMoves brand, and raise the visibility of agency programs
- Managing all aspects of the LifeMoves brand including message development, collateral, asset creation and public awareness in order to achieve our fundraising and communications goals.
- Directly informing the strategies, tactics, and content creation needs required to meet annual new donor growth and revenue generation targets
- Design, implement and measure marketing campaigns, including leveraging marketing analytics and reporting to build strategy and measure effectiveness
- Leading, coaching, mentoring and inspiring the Marketing & Communications team (which we will need you to hire), providing clear direction, expectations, feedback and suggestions to produce the highest caliber work possible
- Setting the direction for marketing and communication efforts to ensure that all messages emanating from LifeMoves are accurate, consistent, and present a coherent image of the agency and its programs
- Developing and maintaining best-in-class external communication channels including, but not limited to marketing collateral, website content, social media, newsletters, media outreach, and email campaigns
- Developing, fostering and advancing collaborative relationships with local, state and national media, government and community leaders, key stakeholders, and business and foundation leaders to drive the LifeMoves brand and positively influence decisions of external partners
- Supporting and championing the mission, vision, values and priorities of LifeMoves, including advancing our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
What You’ll Bring
- Experience leading a successful marketing and communications organization and building an integrated strategy and plan, including performance marketing, brand strategy, and communications
- Experience in A/B testing and campaign optimism strategies
- The ability to develop, execute, and communicate a long-term strategy, while also balancing immediate priorities
- Comfortable working with ambiguity; growth mindset with a bias towards action
- Proven success with helping organizations to tell their stories, and to articulate the needs of the communities they serve
- Expertise in digital marketing and social media campaigns, including the ability to leverage analytics to measure the effectiveness of marketing and communications strategies
- A high level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence; skill at giving and receiving constructive feedback to and from direct reports and peers
- A strong foundation in the ideas and practices that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion; and a commitment to ongoing professional development in this area
- Empathy for our clients and curiosity to understand their needs and desires
- Commitment to LifeMoves mission and values
What We Offer
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, and a flexible work environment.
About Our Culture
LifeMoves staff are dedicated to serving our community. Diverse in background, outlook and life experience, our team addresses important social issues with passion and creativity. A culture of collaboration and innovation provides a thriving and successful environment for all. We foster personal growth through ongoing investment in the professional development of our staff. Together, we are committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness and helping our clients achieve long-term self-sufficiency. There are approximately 450 employees at LifeMoves.
LifeMoves is one of the largest and most effective providers of shelter and supportive services across Silicon Valley (San Mateo and Santa Clara counties). As a results-driven organization, since 1987, our mission has been to provide interim housing and supportive services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to rapidly return to stable housing and long-term self-sufficiency. Our successful service model combines clean, modern housing with intensive supportive services that promote dignity and motivate our clients to achieve autonomy. LifeMoves operates over 24 major sites from San Jose to Daly City. Learn more at www.lifemoves.org.
LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Link to Apply: LifeMoves Chief Marketing Officer
For further information, please contact:
Jeff Galipeaux, Vice President of Human Resources
(650) 685-5880 ext. 120